Location: Wyndham Anaheim Garden Grove Hotel; Garden Grove, California
- WNALC Annual Gathering (Aug. 9, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Braaten-Benne Lectures in Theology (Aug. 9, 1:00 PM – Aug. 10, 11:30 AM)
- NALC Convocation and Mission Festival (Aug. 10, 1:30 PM — Aug. 12, 5:00 PM)
2016 Lutheran Week videos:
2016 Lutheran Week Documents:
Women of the NALC Annual Gathering (August 9, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Braaten-Benne Lectures in Theology (August 9, 1:00 PM – August 10, 11:30 AM)
- Braaten-Benne Lectures Agenda
- Braaten-Benne Lectures speaker information
- Wesley Hill lecture handout
- Worship Folder
NALC Mission Festival and Convocation (August 10, 1:30 PM — August 12, 5:00 PM)
- Minutes of the 2016 NALC Convocation
- Mission Festival/Convocation Proposed Agenda
- Biographical information on nominees
- Rules of Procedure
- Resolution regarding election of Bishop
- Mission Festival booklet: “Faith is Made Whole in Community”
- NALC Staff Reports
- NALC Committee Reports
- Treasurer’s Report and 2017 Budget Presentation
- Approved 2017 NALC Budgets
- 2016 Audited Financial Statement
- Convocation Workshops
- Ministry Displays
- Worship Folder
2016 Convocation Business
The 2016 NALC Convocation elected persons to the following leadership positions.
- Executive Council (1 clergy and 1 lay person, each to a 4-year term)
- Lynn Kickingbird, Edmond, Okla.
- Pastor Kenneth Kimball, Waterville, Iowa
- Court of Adjudication (1 person to a 4-year term)
- Pastor David Schafer, Waukon, Iowa
- Seminary Board of Regents (3 persons to 6-year terms)
- Pastor Cathi Braasch, Elwood, Neb.
- Donna Evans, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Pastor Jeffray Greene, Brooks, Ga.
- Seminary Board of Regents (1 person to a 4-year term)
- Pastor Paull Spring, State College, Pa.
In addition, the Convocation elected four persons, by acclamation, to positions on the NALC Canada Section Board.
- Canada Section Board (1 clergy and 1 lay person, each to a 2-year term)
- Pastor Rolf Bjornstad
- Ralph Wold
- Canada Section Board (1 clergy and 1 lay person, each to a 4-year term)
- Teresa Peters
- Pastor Kevin Ree
The NALC Executive Council proposed, and the Convocation approved, the following persons to serve on the 2017 Nominations Committee: Pastor Cathi Braasch, Pastor Don Brandt, Shelly Ree, Pastor Bert Schultz and Marc Voigt.