Christ, Church and Community
We at the NALC believe that the key to youth and family ministry is relationship. It is about young people and their relationship to Christ, relationship to Church, and relationship to Community.
What’s Happening in Youth and Family Ministry?
- Join “NALC Youth and Family Workers” on Facebook
- There is a new tab on the “Holy Families” website called “Leaders Resources”. Here you will find resources created by Sunday School Teachers, Youth Leaders and Pastors throughout the NALC and are there for you to use. There is not much there yet but check back often. https://www.holyfamilytime.com/ Also let me know if you have resources to share!
- Confirmation Classes on Zoom. This is a great opportunity for churches without Pastors or those that might only have one or two students. For more information contact Rev. Dr. Mark H. Braaten at [email protected]
- Host a Faith Formation Festival in your Mission District or Mission Region. Faith Formation Festivals are one or two day workshops on topics regarding Youth and Family Ministry. Follow the link to see the topics and speakers from past events: https://thenalc.org/faith-formation-festivals
- Pastor Teresa Peters is also available to speak to your church, your ministry leaders, parents or youth themselves, via Zoom or in-person on various topics. Reach out and see how she can help.
- Watch for special Zoom training events and guest speaker events from time to time on topics ranging from teaching confirmation classes, to story telling, mental health and teen suicide.
- Melanie Corn, our Youth and Family Specialist is in the process of creating a manual for Mission Districts to be able to set up and run traveling Day Camps. Watch for more information about Melanie’s work in the months to come.